Summer (Grishma Ritu) Seasonal Food Regimen
Ideal daily regimen to be healthy
Morning (Things to do)
- Wake up early between 4.30 am- 5.00am or 45 min before sunrise.
- Drink 1-3 glasses water kept in copper vessel.
- Evacuate your bowels regularly & wash your hands, feet and face.
- Danta – Dhavan – Brusing teeth (Neem, Babul, Khadir, Pilu Meswak)
- Jivha Nirlekhana (Tongue scraping)
- Gandusha/ Kavala – Gargling & Mouth rinsing with medicated water.
- Nasya – 2 drops instillation of medicated oil in each nostril.
- Exercise (according to season).
- Self – body massage with oil followed by powder (according to season)
- Bathing & Grooming.
Ratricharya (Night Regimen)
- Supper – Within 3 hours after sunset or 8pm & bed time- 2 hours after supper (10pm)
- Eat when you are hungry, at regular time, in right quantity (Based on Agni), warm meals, balanced diet (food containing all six tastes (Rasa), neither too fast neither too slow & compatible foods.
- Light digest, sweet, unctuous, cold and liquid foods, are preferred.
- Intake of cold water, buttermilk, fruit juices, meat soups, mango juice, churned curd with pepper are recommended.
- Salty, pungent and sour foods, alcohol are to be avoided.
- Excessive exercise or hard work is to be avoided.
- Staying in cool places, cool breeze at night, applying sandal wood and other aromatic pastes over the body, adorning with flowers, wearing light dresses and sleeping at day time are helpful.