Shishira (late winter) Food Regimen
Ideal daily regimen to be healthy
Morning (Things to do)
- Wake up early between 4.30 am- 5.00 am or 45 min before sunrise.
- Drink 1-3 glasses of water kept in a copper vessel.
- Evacuate your bowels regularly & wash your hands, feet, and face.
- Danta – Dhavan – Brushing teeth (Neem, Babul, Khadir, Pilu Meswak)
Jivha Nirlekhana (Tongue scraping)
- Gandusha/ Kavala – Gargling & Mouth rinsing with medicated water.
- Nasya – 2 drops instillation of medicated oil in each nostril.
- Exercise (according to season).
- Self–body massage with oil followed by powder (according to season)
- Bathing & Grooming.
Ratricharya (Night Regimen)
- Supper – Within 3 hours after sunset or 8 pm & bedtime- 2 hours after supper (10 pm)
- Eat when you are hungry, at a regular time, in the right quantity (Based on Agni), warm meals, a balanced diet (food containing all six tastes (Rasa), neither too fast nor too slow & compatible foods.
Seasonal regimen for Late Winter:
- Intake of cereals and pulses, wheat/gram flour products, newly harvested rice, and corn are advisable.
- Ginger, garlic, haritaki (foods of Terminalia chebula). Pippali, (fruits of piper longum), sugarcane products, and milk & milk products to be included in the diet.
- Massage with oil/ powder/paste, bathing with lukewarm water, getting exposed to mild sunlight, and wear warm clothes are advised.
- Heavy exercise, till sweat appears on the forehead is preferred.
- Cold wind, excessive walking, and sleep at late night is to be avoided.