Spring season (Vasant Ritu): Ayurveda diet for Spring Season
Ideal daily regimen to be healthy
Morning (Things to do)
- Wake up early between 4.30 am- 5.00 am or 45 min before sunrise.
- Drink 1-3 glasses of water kept in a copper vessel.
- Evacuate your bowels regularly & wash your hands, feet and face.
- Danta – Dhavan – Brushing teeth (Neem, Babul, Khadir, Pilu Meswak)
- Jivha Nirlekhana (Tongue scraping)
- Gandusha/ Kavala – Gargling & Mouth rinsing with medicated water.
- Nasya – 2 drops instillation of medicated oil in each nostril.
- Exercise (according to season).
- Self–body massage with oil followed by powder (according to season)
- Bathing & Grooming.
Ratricharya (Night Regimen)
- Supper – Within 3 hours after sunset or 8 pm & bedtime- 2 hours after supper (10 pm)
Diet: Spring Ayurveda Recipes
- Eat when you are hungry, at a regular time, in the right quantity (Based on Agni), warm meals, a balanced diet (food containing all six tastes (Rasa), neither too fast nor too slow & compatible foods.
Ayurvedic Diet modifications
- Easily Digestible foods are advised.
- Intake of cereals like old barley, wheat, rice, & pulses, lentil, green gram etc. is preferred.
- Honey is to be included in the diet.
- Foods difficult to digest, viscous, cold, sweet and sour foods are not advisable.
- New grains, curds, and cold drinks are to be avoided.
- Medium exercises are recommended.
- Powder massage (Udvartana) is preferred.
- Day sleep is not advisable.
Latest posts by Mr.Viju V (see all)
- Prekese: Versatile West African Fruit with Many Health Benefits - November 14, 2023
- Does Ashwagandha Kill Emotions? - June 2, 2023
- Step By Step Turmeric Milk (Golden Milk) Preparation - May 28, 2023