Rainy (Varsha Ritu) Seasonal Food Regimen
Ideal daily regimen to be healthy
Morning (Things to do)
- Wake up early between 4.30 am- 5.00am or 45 min before sunrise.
- Drink 1-3 glasses water kept in copper vessel.
- Evacuate your bowels regularly & wash your hands, feet and face.
- Danta – Dhavan – Brusing teeth (Neem, Babul, Khadir, Pilu Meswak)
- Jivha Nirlekhana (Tongue scraping)
- Gandusha/ Kavala – Gargling & Mouth rinsing with medicated water.
- Nasya – 2 drops instillation of medicated oil in each nostril.
- Exercise (according to season).
- Self – body massage with oil followed by powder (according to season)
- Bathing & Grooming.
Ratricharya (Night Regimen)
- Supper – Within 3 hours after sunset or 8pm & bed time- 2 hours after supper (10pm)
- Eat when you are hungry, at regular time, in right quantity (Based on Agni), warm meals, balanced diet (food containing all six tastes (Rasa), neither too fast neither too slow & compatible foods.
- Easily Digestible foods are advised.
- Intake of cereals like old barley, wheat, rice, & among pulses, lentil, green gram etc. are preferred.
- Honey to be included in the diet.
- Foods difficult to digest, viscous, cold, sweet and sour foods are not advisable.
- New grains, curds, cold drinks are to be avoided.
- Mild exercises are recommended.
- Powder massage (Udvartana) is preferred.
- Day sleep is not advisable