Sharad Ritu (Autumn)Seasonal Food Regimen
Ideal daily regimen to be healthy
Morning (Things to do)
- Wake up early between 4.30 am- 5.00am or 45 min before sunrise.
- Drink 1-3 glasses water kept in copper vessel.
- Evacuate your bowels regularly & wash your hands, feet and face.
- Danta – Dhavan – Brusing teeth (Neem, Babul, Khadir, Pilu Meswak)
- Jivha Nirlekhana (Tongue scraping)
- Gandusha/ Kavala – Gargling & Mouth rinsing with medicated water.
- Nasya – 2 drops instillation of medicated oil in each nostril.
- Exercise (according to season).
- Self – body massage with oil followed by powder (according to season)
- Bathing & Grooming.
Ratricharya (Night Regimen)
- Supper – Within 3 hours after sunset or 8pm & bed time- 2 hours after supper (10pm)
- Eat when you are hungry, at regular time, in right quantity (Based on Agni), warm meals, balanced diet (food containing all six tastes (Rasa), neither too fast neither too slow & compatible foods.
- Madhura (sweet) and Tikta (Bitter) foods in taste and light or digest foods are advised.
- Foods prepared from wheat, green gram, sugar candy, honey, patola (Trichosanthes dicia) are preferred.
- Avoid hot, pungent, sour and salty foods in taste, oils, meat of aquatic animals, curd etc.
- Application of paste of Chandana (santaul album) on the body & evening moonlight walk are preferred.